Saturday 10 March 2012

Kratika has a mighty heart:Interview with DC


Kratika Sengar aka Jhansi Ki Rani, is excited about her new avatar of a single and strong-headed parent in Punar Vivah.

What about the role of a single mother in Punar Vivah excited you?
She is not a helpless mother but a person who is ready to face the world even after her husband has left her for another woman. Her in-laws want to see her married as they feel Aarti is suffering. She has a son and when she realises that her son is deprived of a father’s love, Aarti goes ahead with the marriage. I chose this show because it’s a romantic story which is very different. I don’t think this concept has been tried before on television.

Often, actors take a long break once a serial ends. Did you think of doing so?
I did take a break for six months. I got an offer from Phulwa and Shobha Somnath Ki. When my show Jhansi Ki Rani ended, I had told people that I wanted to do a romantic show next; and Punar Vivah came my way.

How has been your experience of shooting with Gurmeet Chaudhary?
We haven’t started shooting with each other, but I can say that he is a brilliant actor. We have good chemistry onscreen and that is why our promo was highlighted before the start of the show.

Is there any role on television that you would like to play?
I really like Ragini Khanna in Sasural Genda Phool. The entire show is so light-hearted. There is another show called Hitler Didi on Zee which I would have loved to do. Rati Pandey is doing justice to that. I wouldn’t have played that role.

Any chances of vivah in real life too?
Not at all. I am very much single and happy. It’s not that I don’t have time for love but all I would say is that I am a Cancerian and I will wait for my Mr. Right. But currently I don’t have time to think about it all. I just want to focus on my career. I shoot the whole day and the time I get is for my new puppy which I got few months back. He is a beagle and has been on my sets once but normally he is at home. About falling in love and getting married, well, I have told my parents to find me a nice guy.

— Snippets by Bollywood News Services
courtesy: Deccan Chronicle

No comments:

Post a Comment