Sunday 11 March 2012

‘Not just Drashti, even I look good with Gurmeet!’, says Kratika

Interview with Kratika by Times Of India



From playing a lovestruck young girl to a warrior princess and now a single mom - Kratika Sengar has done her share of diverse roles on prime time television.
As someone who started off as an intern in an advertisement agency, her life flipped 180 degrees when she was spotted by a producer and offered a small role in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, followed by Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kya Dil Me Hai and Jhansi Ki Rani.



ROLE PLAY When Jhansi Ki Rani was getting over, I really wished to do a lighthearted romantic show. So I took up Punar Vivah - Zindagi Milegi Dobara. This show is a different kind of love story. I play the role of a homely mother who hails from a small town; but is a new generation woman at the same time - she doesn't care much about the society or what people have to say about her way of life .

ROMANTIC, WHO ME? In real life, I am not a romantic person. I am a fun person and a complete tomboy. Given a choice, I'd never read Mills & Boons romances, but I'm more a Paulo Coelho person. I am more realistic.

CHANGES AND CHALLENGES I consider myself lucky. Not a lot of actors get to play the kind of different characters that I have done so far. Television surely has greater reach than films, and a TV star enjoys a lot of popularity too. Being an actor, I feel I need to take up challenges and do different roles without thinking about whether the audience will accept me in those roles or not. In my five year stint in television, I think my career graph has just moved upwards.

REALITY TAKES When I was doing Jhansi Ki Rani, I was not shooting in Mumbai. So, I didn't have time to take part in any reality show. But now that I am shooting in Mumbai, I'd love to do a dance reality show. I might not be much of a dancer but I would love to dance. And although I was approached for the last season of Bigg Boss, I just don't see myself doing that show. I don't have a problem in staying with strangers, but you know that your fellow contestants are going to talk rubbish about you when you aren't around. Every participant wants to win, so they play all sorts of mindgames and toy with emotions. I am a very emotional person. I don't think I can handle all that flirtation, abuses, politics etc, etc!

Competition? No way! Our show is airing in a very competitive time band. There's Bade Achhe Laggte Hai ( Sony), Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya (Star Plus), Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha (Colors) and Haar Jeet (Imagine), which are all strong shows in their own way and have established fan bases. Personally, if I were to consider a show in that time slot as competition, it would have to be Bade Achhe Laggte Hai because that show is a mature romance. Even though it has been on air for more than six months, it's still a strong show. Having said that I think competition is healthy and I like it.

Fan-tastic demands A lot is being said about my on screen pairing with Gurmeet Choudhary. I had to undergo a look test to fit into the role. It upsets me when I get requests and even gentle threats from fans (on microblogging sites) saying I should quit the show because Gurmeet would look better with Drashti (Dhami), his former costar. I'd like to ask them to watch Gurmeet and my work together and I promise not to disappoint anyone.

Me time I am a complete water baby. I love to swim and listen to good music. I don't have many friends in the television industry as I am an introvert who likes her own set of friends. I also don't plan for the future and believe in living for the moment.

Courtesy: Times Of India



No comments:

Post a Comment