Friday 9 March 2012

TV’s Jhansi turns contemporary

Hi friends,
Check the interview with Kratika done by afternoon dc..




"Jhansi is a tough act to follow … so I waited until something really worthwhile came along,” says actress Kratika Sengar,who is all set to hit the tube with ZEE TV’s latest Punarvivaah. Here’s Sengar in a chat with the ADC



You seem to have taken a long hiatus from the small screen after your show Jhansi Ki Rani went off air. So why did you stay away from TV for so long?
I was approached to participate in a reality show but I wasn’t excited enough about the whole proposition. A lot of actors would have jumped at the money and exposure. But, I am not one to follow a herd just for the heck of it. Jhansi Ki Rani is a tough act to follow. So, the next show had to be something really worthwhile. So I decided to spend some time waiting in the wings rather than take on work that I would not be proud of on hindsight.

So, what were your reasons for taking up this role?
The very fact that my role is a complete departure from playing a freedom fighter on a mission to save her land and people. Aarti is a modern, contemporary Indian woman who is mature, full of positivity and a loving mother of a 6 year old son. Life has dealt her with a blow in the fact that her first husband leaves her for no fault of hers. But Aarti isn’t the kinds to lose hope. She learns to keep smiling, more out of a sense of responsibility towards her son.

Did playing Aarti entail any preparation? How is it different from your previous work?
As an actor, one's preparation comes through sheer observation of human behavior as we go through life. Both Yash and Aarti are real people faced with real scenarios in life. Playing them effortlessly can come only from putting yourself in the shoes of the character. You need to ask yourself, "How would I react if this were to happen to me?" The role is extremely different from anything I have done before.

What is the USP of the show?
Punarvivaah is a mature, progressive show that sensitively captures the journey of a man and a woman, who having faced a debacle in their first attempts at marriage, are brave enough to give life a second chance. It’s a story told with many relatable moments. It is a sensitive look at what two people go through when they attempt to re-discover marital bliss a second time, the adjustments involved, the impact on the psyche of their children and how they hold it all together.

What is your take on remarriage?
I’m all for it … I mean why not! Just as the people in this industry say “the show must go on”! I believe that we live only once and it isn’t wise to while away the rest of your life crying over something you couldn’t control. That having said, I strongly believe in giving marriage or a relationship your best shot and making every attempt possible to make it work. But some things aren’t meant to be and you have to live with the fact that they have ended.

Will Aarti and Yash fall for each other eventually?
At first, these two people come together not out of love for each other but out of love for their children. And initially, there will be an awkwardness between them as each of them have not yet got over their first spouse. But, eventually, circumstances will bring them together. But after that, only time will tell. Why don’t you watch the show to figure it out?

How is your rapport with your co-actor Gurmeet?
We’re still getting to know each other. He seems nice. We believe in giving each other space on the sets but when it comes to work, we’re fully focused and support each other. I have met Debina as well. They are a sweet couple.

Tell us something about your journey in the industry so far?
Well, I've completed five years in this industry as I started my career with Kasautii Zindagii Kay, after which I did a few reality shows, followed by Jhansi Ki Rani and now Punarvivaah. I came to Mumbai to just complete a project and one of my friends took me to an audition and look at the opportunities I’ve got since then.



courtesy:AfternoonDC

No comments:

Post a Comment